If you haven’t been using SEO in 2020, then you may be missing on a lot. We have put together some of the best statistics that may truly blow your mind.
Table of Contents
- Industry Stats
- General Search
- B2B SEO Stats
- Local SEO Stats
- SERP Stats
- Website & Review Stats
- Content Marketing Stats
- Mobile SEO Stats
1. 61% of companies utilise SEO to “raise awareness”, it can be especially useful for startups and small businesses.
Many small businesses find it difficult to let their audiences know about their products and services. (Backlinko)
2. 81% of businesses reported that using external SEO agencies has helped them maximise the result of their SEO efforts.
According to in-house marketers, specialists helped them to get over the steep learning curve that is associated with the technicalities of SEO. It also allowed them to start getting faster results (eMarketer)
3. 73% of internal marketers say that SEO provides an excellent ROI.
Additionally, at least half of in-house marketers concluded that SEO is the best strategy to improve online outreach. (eMarketer)
4. 89% of marketers say that their SEO work provide successful results.
Moreover, they said that the effective method of SEO is keyword research, as well as, the easiest to implement. Firms also see success in redesigning their websites, generating backlinks, and creating useful content. (eMarketer)
5. 70% of firms say that for driving sales, SEO is more effective than PPC.
This is great news for marketers on a budget as SEO can be achieved organically with minimal spend (Databox)
6. 53% of businesses spends more than £390 ($500) on SEO monthly says they are “extremely satisfied” with the results.
Remember, that the average SEO spend is lesser than this normal figure. This means that an average firm will be able to save a lot more by understanding SEO, consistent content creation, and link building. (Backlinko)
7. SEO costs 67% less per converted lead than traditional paid advertising.
If you are strapping for cash, organic marketing can ultimately cut business marketing costs by more than half overtime. (Demand Metric)
8. An average firm spends £389.77 ($497.16) monthly on SEO services.
These services include content generation, link building, and expert analytics to determine keyword strategies. (Backlinko)
9. More than 71% of B2B stakeholders start their research for products with search.
Organic results are the primary source of information; most stakeholders use this search engine more than their regular professional networks. (Google)
10. 57% of B2B said that SEO produced more leads than any other form of marketing.
SEO widened their funnels, increase their visibility, and improved their brand authority by moving on top of the results. (Hubspot)
11. B2B researchers within the buying process are 57% on their way of their path to a decision once they reach your website.
The chance to convert here is great! (Google)
12. 42% of B2B stakeholders use a mobile device through the entire sales funnel.
This is why it is crucial to have a mobile-friendly website.(Google)
13. 95% of ALL search traffic results are enjoyed by the websites on the first page.
Those showing up on pages 2 and after share the remaining 5%. Your firm will win better when you concentrate your effort to appear on the first page. (Digital Synopsis)
14. Google receives at least two trillion searches annually.
That is over 63,370 searches every second. (Hubspot)
15. Creating inquiry-based content is very popular. CTR (Click-through-rate) results of question-based titles are 14.1% higher than non-question titles.
16. Google enjoys 91.98% of search enquiries worldwide, making it the primary platform for business SEO purposes.
Google is the primary platform for SEO, it also controls YouTube. Youtube is the second biggest search engine in the world. Other sites are Yahoo, Bing with 2.55%, Baidu with 1.44%, and Yandex with 0.52%. (Oberlo)
17. 80% of buyers get information about suppliers from content on the internet.
Firms do their best when they attempt to educate their users instead of trying to sell to them using paid advertisements. (Content Marketing Institute)
18. Over 50% of keywords are at least four words or longer.
People wants precise answers to their questions, so your keywords should reflect specific keywords. (Databox)
19. Approximately 70% of customers first check online information before they visit a store.
By providing more information, you can improve the organic online leads. (SEO Expert Brad)
20. People phrase around 8% of their searches as questions.
Therefore, it is crucial to use information-rich content. (Moz)
Therefore, it is crucial to use information-rich content. (Moz)
21. 80% of local searches converts to a sale.
This is why it is important for plumbers, cafes, and local contractors to seriously consider the benefits of SEO. (Search Engine Watch)
22. About 46% of Google searches are for local services.
There are substantial opportunities for local services in search engines. (Bradley Shaw)
23. 4 out of 5 customers look for more information about local products on search engines first.
It is crucial to include all relevant information. Customers use their smartphones to check store hours, addresses, product availability or more. (Google)
24. More than 50% of smartphones users who searched locally will visit a store in 24 hours.
Local businesses usually enjoy immediate benefits once they create unique content for the local market. 34% of desktop or tablet users experience the same. (Google)
25. 61% of mobile users are more likely to contact a local business if it has a mobile-friendly website.
Customers prefect sites that has simple navigation and easy ways to pay or book. (Bright Local)
26. 18% of local searches result in a conversion in a one day.
Local SEO can increase the revenue of a business. Mobile users within the vicinity of the store will may immediately buy the product or service once they have the information. (Go-Globe)
27. 88% of customers trust online reviews as much as the recommendation of a close acquaintance.
It is crucial to make sure your business’ review scores are good to encourage more clicks. (Search Engine Land)
28. At least 79% of customers who dislike a site’s performance say they will not go through with a purchase.
This is why it is important to pay attention to small things like loading speed, pop-ups, white space and more. (Google)
29. Whenever a customer need to wait for a site to load, conversion rates can fall by 12%.
Businesses should make sure load time is optimum. (Junto)
30. 93% of all traffic from Google is HTTPS secure and avoid hacker-prone HTTP sites.
Websites should make sure their website security is updated. (Google)
31. Customers spend an average of 10 seconds on homepages before deciding to buy or not.
According to research websites must make an impression in the first 3 seconds. (Nielsen Norman Group)
32. Approximately 55% of website’s pages have zero inbound links.
Newbie link builders will have plenty of opportunities to create backlinks and go higher in the ranking. (Ahrefs
33. Approximately 31.2% of all search-related clicks will go to the top website.
The biggest winners are those that occupy the top in the search engine. (Moz)
34. 70-80% of customers ignore paid ads results at the top of the page and skip to organic results.
35. ¾ people will never scroll past the first page of results.
This means those on the second page or more will have less traffic. (Hubspot)
36. 68% of clicks go to the first five websites on the results page. The majority of users ignore results in positions six to ten.
37. Moving just one place up the search will increase the CTR by 30.8%.
Websites will automatically see increased gains just by moving one place up the ranking. (Backlinko)
38.The second website in the result attracts 17.6% of clicks. The seventh on the list only get 3.5%.(Digital Synopsis)
39. Top websites in Google usually includes an average of 1,447 words.
According to research, 1,500 is the best number of words as it can offer enough information that will be useful for readers. (Backlinko)
40. YouTube videos that ranks on the first page of search engines have an average length of 14 minutes and 50 seconds long.
Similar to blogs, mid-length content always performs better. (Backlinko)
41. 94% of clicks on search engine results go to organic links.
42. Websites with blogs get 97% organic inbound links than those that don’t.
Blogs increases indexed page up to 424%. This is why it is important to create blogs with informational content. (Hubspot)
43. 90% of firms use content marketing, including blogging, video creation and eBooks, to attract organic traffic from the web.
Some of the most common are video creation, blogging, ebooks to attract more clients. (Demand Metric)
44. Firms that publish content-driven blogs generate 67% more leads every month.
Entertaining and educational blogs give users more value to engage. (Demand Metric)
45. Compared to traditional paid ads, content marketing generates 200% more leads.
Customers prefer visibility earned through authority versus money. (Demand Metric)
46. Approximately 88% of bloggers who gate access their content for lead generation enjoy better results.
47. Blogs that includes videos receive 157% more search traffic and generate more backlinks.
Videos are more engaging and keeps users longer on a page. (Search Engine Land)
48. According to 74% of marketers, content creation is crucial for SEO success.
30% think that keywords are critical factor in determining progress and 27% see backlinks are the most important. (Databox)
49. Long-form content receives 77.2% more.
50) At least 40% of mobile users will leave a website if it takes longer than 3 secs to load.
Google also marks down your indexing points when you have longer loading time. (Google)
51) 50% of mobile device users prefer mobile browsers than mobile apps.
This means you should consider investing in SEO that does well on mobile devices. (Search Engine Land)
52) 87% of smartphone users report using the search functionality on their devices every day.
Most users say they use for product related searches. (Go-Globe)